Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Learning Style

This course has given me a chance to look into my learning style and how my mind processes information received.  I am a visual learner so naturally I need to be able to see things in order to process them at the best of my ability.  I have to underline and highlight important facts in the text and take notes.  I understand that with online learning these things may present a challange, for example my text book for this course is online.  I have been able to download the text so I can read it, but I do not have the book in front of me to write in the margins and highlight information that I feel is important.  I have printed out some of the text that I thought would be benefical, however in a "green" world I am trying to save as much paper as possible.  I have adapted to reading with a spiral notebook.  I keep my notes in the notebook with the page number of the online text.  This has allowed me to know exactly where to go back and find the specfic information I was looking at when I made the note.  I have also done this with the online discussion from the professor, minus the page number of course.  I feel that these adaptations will allow me to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment